As reported first by the Greater Midwest Lenders Association on Tuesday, January 20, 2015 Governor Bruce Rauner has appointed Bryan Schneider as the new Secretary of the Illinois Department of Financial & Professional Regulation.Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â Acting Secretary Schneider is subject to the confirmation process by the Illinois legislature. We look forward to working with newly appointed Acting Secretary Schneider.
Bryan Schneider’s Background:
Governor Bruce Rauner has selected Bryan Schneider, 47, as the next Secretary for the Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation. He brings a deep understanding of law and corporate business practices to the position.
For the past 15 years, Schneider has worked as an attorney for Deerfield-based Walgreens. Currently, he is the Divisional Vice President and Assistant General Counsel, where he worked on a number of programs and initiatives. For example, he offered regulatory and transactional support for the nationÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã¢â€žÂ¢s largest flu immunization program.
Schneider is familiar with leadership roles in Illinois; he is currently a member of the State Board of Elections, a position heÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã¢â€žÂ¢s held since 2004. He also served one term as the boardÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã¢â€žÂ¢s Chairman, and another as Vice Chairman.
Schneider began his career in the General Assembly, where he worked as General Counsel for Rep. Lee Daniels while he was House Speaker and the Republican Leader in the House.
In addition to his law degree from the University of Wisconsin, Schneider is a certified public accountant. He earned his bachelorÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã¢â€žÂ¢s degree in accounting from Trine University in Angola, Ind. He also holds an MBA from DePaul University in Chicago.
- Walgreen Co.
- Divisional Vice President & Assistant General Counsel (2010-Present)
- Director, Health Care Contracting & Regulatory Law (2009-2010)
- Directory, Health Care Regulatory Law (2008-2009)
- Director, Government Relations, Walgreens Health Services (2005-2008)
- Senior Attorney (2000-2005)
- Harris Kessler & Goldstein (1997-2000)
- Office of the Illinois House Republican Leader (1997-2000)
- Office of the Speaker, Illinois House of Representatives (1995-1997)
- Sidley Austin LLP (1993-1997)
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 7th Circuit, Law Clerk ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã¢â‚¬Å“ Hon. Richard D. Cudahy (1992-1993)
- Illinois Board of Elections (2004-Present)
- Board Chairman (2009-2011)
- Vice Chairman (2007-2009)
- LEARN Charter Schools, Board of Directors (2003-Present)
- University of Wisconsin Law School, J.D. (1992)
- DePaul University, MBA (2001)
- Trine University, B.S. Accounting (1989)
- Age: 47
- Hometown: Chicago